Saturday, October 13, 2007

Generally Spreaking

My thoughts regarding General Sanchez - AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth

Posted by John Bruhns: "I'm quite pleased that General Ricardo Sanchez finally came out and called Iraq what it is - a "nightmare" for the United States.

I especially liked his catchy statement - “I think once you are retired, you have a responsibility to the nation, to your oath, to the country, to state your opinion.”

I couldn't agree more.

I'm sure we all remember the controversy surrounding the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. General Sanchez took a lot of heat for that atrocity being that he was in charge of all ground forces in Iraq during that time.

General Sanchez maybe a little late with his voice of opposition to the war. However, every little bit helps, especially when it comes from one of the commanders on the ground.

I applaud his efforts to shed some new light Bush's disastrous Iraq policy..."

No comments: