Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Comment Of The Day

From bluelyon in "Evils"--Cannonfire: "...But I also feel so disconnected from the Democratic Party that I despair daily. Really I do. I take no pleasure in the fact that they are probably going to lose their majority in Congress in 2010. Damn, I was a 50-state strategy field organizer, for crying out loud. But what do we do when the Democratic Party has so thoroughly sold us down the river?

Worse, even if I wanted to defend them, they aren't giving me any material. Gawd, it was hard enough when I was working as a field organizer, but back then the Dems were in the minority. Everything we did was to get them the much vaunted majority. We did it. And all through the times we worked for them, we choked back our frustration when Dems didn't stand up for Democratic values and rolled over for the Republicans. Still we soldiered on and they got all three brass rings. And what did they do with it? Rolled over, just like they did when they were in the minority..."

No comments: