Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lest We Forget: Good Old Days Edition

Did I see this coming? « The Confluence: "... I’m a child of the 60′s and 70′s. Back when I was a kid, most mothers didn’t work. Almost everyone we knew lived on one salary. My dad was career military and although the work was steady back then, we weren’t exactly rich. We moved frequently but always lived in nice lower middle class neighborhoods in townhouses and 3 bedroom ranches. My family benefitted from socialized medicine. Navy doctors saved my asthmatic sister’s life on more than one occasion. In the summer, we went to day camp on the Navy base or to the all day activities at Bandini Street school in San Pedro. You didn’t need to sign up or pay anything. You just walked over to the school and dropped in without your parents and learned arts and crafts or competed in Chinese handball tournaments..."

No comments: