Saturday, January 26, 2008

Standing For The First

Basketball coach won't cave to pressure from the ultra-conservative Archbishop of St. Louis - AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth

"Looks like the Archbishop of St. Louis, the one who wanted to deny communion to John Kerry in 2004, has met his match. The basketball coach of St. Louis University, Rick Majerus, supports Hillary Clinton, a women's right to choose and stem cell research. The Archbishop wants to quash him -- and the coach is having none of it:
Majerus took a typically defiant stand in an interview published Thursday in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

"These beliefs are ingrained in me," Majerus told the paper. "And my First Amendment right to free speech supersedes anything that the archbishop would order me to do. My dad fought on Okinawa in World War II. My uncle died in World War II. I had classmates die in Vietnam. And it was to preserve our way of life, so people like me could have an opinion."
Good answer..."

No comments: