Friday, November 07, 2008

The Independent Voter

For now, I remain a very disgruntled liberal Democrat who is ashamed of his political party and will never again donate money or time to its causes until such time that women and gays are admitted back into the alleged big tent.

Charlotte Front and Center: Fighting through the Fog and Thicket of Obama’s Election:
"...Perhaps the basis for going Independent comes from finally realizing (after so many years) that voting and supporting a candidate along strict party lines can be simply dangerous. After all, we have witnessed an inexperienced man of questionable character attain the most powerful position in the free world. We have also seen the attempt by the MSM to destroy the character and careers of two wonderful, qualified women candidates.

Needless to say, I said “No Deal” (along with other PUMAS) when it came to voting along with my party for an unacceptable candidate. It was the year I learned more about myself, or to put it more clearly: I know that I really do love my Country first and foremost.

If for the rest of my life I have to “Just Say No Deal”…then I will. Hopefully, a better time will come soon, and a great leader for all Americans will emerge out of these dark days."

My second favorite Latina reminds us of another task we must face: defending the right of women to have fair treatment in the media, as well as in life.

No comments: