Thursday, April 30, 2009

Controling The Future

Simply Left Behind: Reframing The Propaganda: The Non-Rapturist's Guide To The Galaxy: "...I'm not sure who to root for, to be honest. Part of me sees a chance to have a Democratic hegemony for the bulk of this century and thinks that's a good thing, so wants the Rushians to win. Part of me remembers that thirty year old ideas get stale for both sides and that Bill Clinton was most successful when he co-opted some obscure Publican ideas and gave them his own spin, so I'd like to see McCain wrest the party back.

Either way, we're witnessing the end of conservatism."

I rarely disagree with Carl, but this time I do. I don't see the Limbaugh-Coulter-Malkin wing of the GOP as conservative-- they are reactionary-- it's not enough to go slow, carefully way choices, and slowly commit to change, "The Rushians" want to roll back time to some bygone, halcyon era when, you know, slavery was more legal than it is now. That is not conservative. I do hope we're see the end of reactionaryism (jeez, what an ugly word).

No comments: