Friday, November 18, 2011

Comment Of The Day: OWS Medicare Edition

This is OWS in a microcosm.

Thank you Occupy Wall Street « The Confluence:

"Partition Functions, on November 18, 2011 at 2:37 am said:

RD,

Thanks too for being there. Would have been there myself, but I injured my ankle. I was at my local pharmacy a few days ago
and I overheard one of the pharmacists speaking loudly to a customer
over the telephone and this is what I heard (close to verbatim):

Pharmacist: Yes, it will now cost you $1500 a month. Your insurance will no longer cover it. (repeated several times).

Pharmacist: Please do not yell at me, I work my ass off here.

Pharmacist: This country is no longer rich, all the money went to Wall Street.

Pharmacist: You are not happy ? Then go to Occupy Wall Street.

Pharmacist: You have not heard of Occupy Wall Street ? Then turn on your TV.


I said to the pharmacist that I could not help but overhear the conversation and asked what that all about. She said that due to a change in Medicare, customers were finding out that some of their medication was no longer covered.

I have also noticed that a number of local stores have OWS flyers posted by or near their front entrance."

No comments: