Monday, April 08, 2013

The Race To The Bottom

Jamison Doran: An Open Letter to the North Carolina Legislature
...North Carolina is quickly becoming a national laughingstock, on par with some of the more, shall we say "backwards" states in our union. Friends in D.C. often greet me with, "What the hell is going on down in your home state?" I'm getting awfully tired of trying to defend the state as a whole by writing those in the legislature in Raleigh off as ideologues. It is getting harder and harder to do so.

In this "race to the bottom" my only hope is your utter disregard for what is good and right in the state helps bring people together to voice their outrage over what you're doing. So when the time comes we're mobilized to take our state back and out of the hands of the likes of all of you.

I know I'll be ready to take back the state I love dearly.

No comments: