Friday, May 03, 2013

Comment Of The Day: Sister Killing Edition

Mr. Webb pretty sums up my position on guns.

Kentucky Rifles For Children - The Worst Quote Of The Day - Esquire
Roy Webb · Top Commenter
More guns make us safer! Just ask this little kid... Oh wait, he just shot his sister to death. You know, I own guns, I've shot guns all my life, I've reloaded my own ammo, I can still field-strip an M-16 in the dark, I read about guns (the book AK-47: the weapon that changed the face of war by Larry Kahner is excellent, by the by, about how putting that kind of power in anyone's hands has created a whole new subculture of violence), but I always get asked by the gun freaks on the Salt Lake Tribune comment boards "why do you hate guns!" I don't hate guns, I hate stupid. I don't hate guns, I hate gun freaks who use them as a substitute for their own micro-phallus shortcomings and then wave them around in everyone else's face. I hate those potbellied yokels from Panguitch who strut around with a big iron on their hip or carry their precious AR-15 into the Penneys (as happened last winter in Ogden, Utah) and then get all whiney when everyone points out what a douchebag they are being. I don't hate guns at all, I hate the gun culture. The same one that led to this little girl's tragic death.

No comments: