Friday, February 24, 2006

Carter the Strong

Calling All Wingnuts:

"... Anyway, Digby’s words always stuck with me - “Carter didn’t give one inch to those Iranian bastards…” because, I, like most other people, I suspect, have this fuzzy memory of Carter being a weak and inneffective President.

I remember sitting in class in 1980 - that was the seventh grade for me - when reagan was inaugurated and the hostages were released… By November, 1985 I had joined the Marines… In March of ‘86, I was cheering Ollie North on as he gave those dirty politicians what they deserved - undisguised contempt …

My, how things change.

Even I, liberal to the extreme, had not put together these facts:

* Carter stood up to terrorists
* Reagan negotiated with terrorist (Arms for hostages/Iran Contra) and capitulated to them in Lebanon


When Digby put them together for me, it really resonated. Hopefully it will also resonate with"

No comments: