Friday, February 03, 2006

Don''t Wait. Start Screaming Now!

The Psychotic Patriot: Our Internets: Strangled By Greed:

"While the Pentagon may soon make my computer look like this one, the metacorps who run these Internets - the cable corps and the phone corps - are deciding how - and when - to take it all away from us... right now. At this moment, around large hunks of polished wood, laser pointers flashing away, your phone company and your cable company - wait, maybe they're the same company - are figuring out ways to make you pay for your internet experience by the event, instead of by the month. Pay for each post, each email, each bill paid online, and each instant message? But before they crush my ability to speak my mind openly and freely under a massively expensive a la carte menu, I thought I'd blog about what's happening under our noses right now."


The public actually built the Internet; private companies should no more control my access than Boeing controlling access to a national park.

No comments: