Wednesday, June 14, 2006

MIM Featured at Daou

The Daou Report is currently listing Mad In The Middle as its "Featured Blog."  That certainly comes as a surprise and I am honored to be selected. If you're here via Daou, please feel free to poke around in the archives. When I first started blogging I actually wrote quite a bit more but since I switched to DSL from dial-up, I generally can't get Blogger to work, so writing anything of any length becomes a pain so I usually just wind-up with snippets of commentary and no pictures and few links. I'm not that lazy but Blogger revolts on just about anything other than pure text. (Yeah, I've blogged and griped about these problems before and months later I'm still where I was.)
 
I suppose everyone who blogs has the same question rattling around in his or her mind-- a variant of the old late night D.J. question ("Is anyone listening?")-- what do people want?  I've pondered that a bit but in the end, I circle back to Ricky Nelson--You can't please everybody, so you have to please yourself.
 
Anyway, one of my small goals is run a civil blog, since you don't have to go far to find quite a bit of invective. That doesn't mean I'm not pushing a viewpoint-- I am, but I hope to persuade rather than intimidate, and, no,  I am not a Yellow Dog Democrat; I'm a center Democrat or (if you can still find more than three of them) a Liberal Republican. Therefore, I generally disagree with the extremes of Liberalism and Conservatism, though that doesn't mean I won't post some of those ideas.
 
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment (even though the word verification is a pain [I had to do that to keep from being overwhelmed with spam]).

No comments: