Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rush Is Lying Again

Crooks and Liars:
"Rush: 'I got an email here. '(Uh) Rush, (uh) now that two of our own have been tortured and murdered by the terrorists in Iraq, will the Left say that they deserved it? I'm so sick of our cut-and-run liberals. Keep up your great work.' Bob C. from Roanoke, Virginia. 'PS, I love the way you do the program on the Little Kim (?)' (laughs) I read...no I added that! He didn't, he didn't put that in there. (laughs) You know, it-it's-I-uh...I gotta tell ya, I-I-I perused the liberal, kook blogs today, and they are happy that these two soldiers got tortured. They're saying, 'Good riddance. Hope Rumsfeld and whoever sleep well tonight. . .(sic)'"

I pass through at least 50 blogs every day and often 75 or more; I have seen absolutely no evidence of any blog, right or left or middle, rejoicing in the death of these two young men. Rush is spouting pure crap. It's unfortunate in the extreme that so many people will believe what he is saying.

What you may find, and this is not unusual at all, is posting in comment threads reflecting such an attitude; then, a bit more investigation will reveal the sorry truth: that those type of comments are almost always posted by sick-minded right-wing trolls, whose hope is, of course, to make their opponents appear as evil and heartless.

A good many people have wised-up to this scheme, at least on the internet, but, unfortunately, there is no way to expose these dispicable trolls on talk radio.

I am assured, however, that Old Scratch will have a special perch for these vultures deep in the burning forests of the eternal hot place.

No comments: