Sunday, March 01, 2009

Paul Harvey Signs Off

ABC News: 'An Original': Ex-Colleagues Praise Paul Harvey: "...Paul Harvey was a constant 'companion' throughout my life. I listened to Paul Harvey since the late sixties, accidentally at first. By the time I was 22, his radio broadcasts were my first exposure to Radio-news/opinion. I'd watched years of TV 'meet the press' type shows since my Dad was heavy into politics. But Harvey was a different experience. I listened in my car as a young adult, years before the advent of Today's talk-radioHe could make me think about any news item with just an inflection of his voice. On occasion he would offer up his personal opinion. But he could do that without a harangue or vindictiveness that some associate with today's radio-biz.Paul Harvey was old enough and wise enough to have 'seen it all before'. There was something reassuring in that for me throughout the years as I listened to his perspective. When things seemed to get dire in the world{a never-ending story}, his steady balanced take recognized the dangers, but was always rooted in his natural optimism and belief in this country and its people.This loss is not that of a celebrity, but of my adopted Grandad. He was all-American, and more eloquent than a roomful of Limbaughs, Hannities, Frankens, or Schultzs. An American treasure and self-made institution. olverbcb 12:19 PM..."

What olverbcb said.

3 comments:

JK said...

I didn't listen to him often but I did enjoy him when I caught him on the radio. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the hopes of patients. However, I feel I may have confused you. It sounded as though you thought I was a Veternarian. My husband is a farmer/rancher so we deal alot with livestock, however, I am a Chiropractor. My Chiropractic business is the one that is struggling. The Doc that I lease space from says that he is as slow as he has been in 22 years, so I know that the economy is having its toll on everyone.

Bob Harrison said...

I was confused! Then again, that seems to be a condition I'm familiar with of late. I'm a fan of most all Chiropractors-- they have done me a world of good. I get an adjustment about 3-4 weeks, which my insurance pays about 75%, and I'm convinced it has kept me from having back surgery. I've personally converted (weird word there but I think you'll see my viewpoint) five people who were suffering into at least occasional chiropractic patients, though insurance continues to be an issue. I do you wish you some more business for sure and try to keep the faith!

JK said...

Insurance for Chiropractic is AWFUL! I wish it were better. Since it is so bad, I don't file it for my patients. I provide them with a bill that they can file themselves. Which turns tons of people away from me I am sure. But I don't have the funds to hire someone to file the insurance and for me to do it myself would take away so much time from me and my daughter. So... until it pays better and until I make some money, I don't mess with it!!

I am glad that Chiropractic has done you good and thanks for converting people!! It is a much better alternative than drugs and surgery.

Hope you are well.