Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crazed Cruise Captain

Costa Concordia Cruise Captain Claimed He 'Tripped' Into Lifeboat: Report - ABC News

The captain of the Italian cruise ship gave a slapstick explanation of how he ended up safely in a lifeboat instead of going down with his ship, saying he tripped and fell into the boat as it was being lowered into the sea, Italian media reported today.

"I had no intention of escaping," Francesco Schettino, 52, said during his first court hearing Tuesday, according to Italy's Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"I was helping some passengers put the life boat to sea. At a certain point the mechanism for lowering it, blocked. We had to force it. Suddenly the system unblocked itself and I tripped and I found myself inside the life boat with a number of passengers..."

If this idiot were an American, I bet you the Italians would have already executed him.

No comments: