Saturday, February 13, 2016

Ruly Teachers Become Un

Huh. A victory for the little guys against one of the masters of the universe? (i.e. a higher ed CEO) My bold.

President Tries To Gut Catholic College, Sparks Revolt | The Daily Caller:

"Our community is suffering,” the faculty letter says. “We have come to the sad conclusion that this state of affairs cannot be resolved while you continue in your current office. Therefore, it is with a heavy heart, in a loving spirit of compassion and forgiveness, that we appeal to your generosity of spirit and ask that you resign your position for the good of our community by 9:00 AM on February 15, 2016.”

Whether the faculty will get their wish is unclear. Thus far, the school’s board has steadfastly stood behind Newman, instead suggesting that unruly faculty are to blame for tensions at the school.
It's always labor that is responsible for "tensions" since they are also in charge of management. Somehow. As one of my colleagues remarked years ago, "I'm not in charge of my own morale if I'm not in charge of my environment."

No comments: