Monday, May 15, 2006

Guns Pointed at Citizens

Daily Kos: Updated: Rifle pointed at protesters in Florida during Bush visit: "From an intern for Congressional candidate John Russell (FL-5):

Here is my full story, with everything correct. As you know I am interning with John Russell, a candidate in District 5 running against Ginny Brown-Waite. We went to the protest to make sure bush heard about the problems with Medicare Part D. As the President drove by John was delivering his message to the President, who was looking at us out the window. I don't remember if it was before or after the President's car, but inside on of the black suv's was a man holding, what looked to be, an automatic rifle out the window. It was pointed at the protesters. I am glad to hear that the people on the other side of the street saw this too. Those of us on the corner I was on couldn't believe that this had occurred, and John proceeded to tell President Bush as he got out of the motorcade, 'how dare you point a weapon at civil protesters' among other things. It was a very interesting day for me, being the first time I have ever seen the President, and the first time I have been directly threatened by the President. hopefully this helps in lining up the stories. Please send this out to everyone, and keep the talk growing. I want to know if this is standard operating procedure for the Bush motorcade, or a one time thing. . ."

Let's keep those cameras and camcorders handy.

No comments: