Friday, October 27, 2006

Blasting Rush

As both of regular readers know, I rarely post anything with profantiy in it and almost never write it myself; (I definitely am not beyond it-- I just don't do it here) but, then, some things happen that really do justify so good old-fashioned cussin'. Here's one sample that says it well:

Hughes for America: You should be ashamed of yourself, Matt [Lauer]:

"I've been of two minds on my fellow Ohio University alumnus and "Today" host Matt Lauer. I've called him a hack. I've patted him on the back...I read his statements surrounding Rush Limbaugh's shameful comments about Michael J. Fox's appearance in recent campaign commercials...Lauer can say things like: "Didn't Rush Limbaugh just say what a lot of people were privately thinking?"

Excuse me? So for being an ill-informed, insulting, prejudiced asshole, Limbaugh isn't instantly universally regarded as an ill-informed, insulting, prejudiced asshole, but instead as the voice of the silent majority? Apparently so, at least in Lauer's world, where making horrendously inappropriate statements that even the biggest assholes are scared to utter in public christens Limbaugh some sort of latter-day Thomas Paine. And that's just what people like Limbaugh and Lauer's "a lot of people" are: Assholes. You know, I've tried to refrain from the most inflammatory invective for some time, but I just can't let this stand, and neither can you. These are low people we're dealing with, folks. Lower than low. Lower than whale shit, in fact. People who call an opponents' staffer the equivalent of "nigger". People who play on people's prejudices to win elected office. People who cover for a child predator in order to maintain their majority. People who blame the pages, on the heels of their blaming the victims of Hurricane Katrina. And now people who accuse those suffering with terrible diseases of faking it. If those people aren't assholes, I don't know who is..."

1 comment:

Bob Harrison said...

My list is longer and my bid is higher but I get your drift...