Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Kerry On Fire!

The Blog | John Kerry: Will You Fight With Them? | The Huffington Post: "...That's pretty damn fundamental in itself to who we are. But there's a human face behind it. The fight is intensely personal to me. Veterans are running for office all over our country. A lot of them got interested in politics as part of my campaign, and some got involved in Wes Clark's race. Some of us had disagreements for thirty five years -- like me and Jim Webb, we didn't see eye to eye over the war we fought in. But no matter where we came from, something much bigger now brings us together -- we're all a band of brothers now. When I got off the phone with Patrick Murphy after the chickenshit attacks on his military record, something felt awfully familiar and it got me pissed off. I care about these men and women. They've got guts and they've got brains and they've got heart and I'm telling you they will change the character of this pathetic Congress, and I'm boiling mad watching people who didn't serve attack those who did because they can't win a debate on the merits..."

I haven't heard blunt language like this out of a national Democrat since-- well, like never. (Harry Truman was out of the picture when I became politically conscious.) Read this post. He is smoking.

No comments: