Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Betrayal of Heroes

Paul Slansky: In Defense of Nader-Bashing - Politics on The Huffington Post: "...Defend Nader on principle all you want, but the truth is that, whatever idealistic goals he claimed to be fighting for, what he actually accomplished was helping mightily to put in power a man who epitomized everything he'd spent his entire career fighting against. And, as every passing day brings new evidence of the erosion of our civil liberties, yes, I and millions of others place major blame on him and will never forgive or forget. In what's left of our democracy, that's our right."

I now loathe Nader. I can forgive a mistake; I cannot forgive a repeated mistake. Nader has and continues to repeat his mistakes. Once, I was a great fan of Nader, though I knew voting for him was tossing a vote to the wind, so I did not. But apparently his giant ego cannot face the fact that he did, in fact, put George Bush in the White House. Without him, the race would not have been close enough for the Supreme Court to usurp the will of the people and install its toy. Nader owes us all an apology.

1 comment:

the rube said...

perhaps nader is only a bit player helping to fulfill the prophesies of the book of revelations.

or not.