Sunday, April 20, 2008

MoDo Brushin' BO

Brush It Off - New York Times: "..Asked about his friendly relationship with the former Weather Underground anarchist William Ayers — an association that The Wall Street Journal suggests could turn into the Swift Boat of 2008 given Ayers’s statement that “I don’t regret setting bombs; I feel we didn’t do enough” — Obama defended him with a line that only the eggheads orbiting his campaign could appreciate. Ayers, he said, is “a professor of English in Chicago.”

Obama has to prove to Americans that, despite his exotic background and multicultural looks, he shares or at least respects their values and understands why they would be upset about his associations with the Rev. Wright and an ex-Weatherman..."

4 comments:

Faded said...

Rev. Wright, just so you know, was the man Hillary and Bill called in to counsel them on the Monica affair. So, for her to even use Rev Wright against him is ridiculous in my mind.

Sigh. I know how you feel about Rev.Wright from previous posts, but I truly feel that the man was honest and open with his beliefs.

And Obama was 8 years old when Ayers was doing his thing. Do you feel Ayers belongs in jail right now? If so, that's one thing. But he's not - and since Obama has known him, he hasn't been involved, I believe, in any criminal activities. So, I just don't believe that these associations mean anything whatsoever. Especially given the associations of Bush, McCain, etc.

Anyway- I guess I'm one of the Eggheads- cuz that's what Ayers is to me- A professor of English in Chicago. If he's guilty of criminal activities that hasn't been addressed then I believe he would be in jail. Especially since he's not a Republican.

Bob Harrison said...

According to what I read, it was Jesse Jackson Sr.; yes, Ayers should have been put away. Those terrorists completely wrecked the anti-war, peace movement and the movement toward a more liberal, inclusive society. If they had not started bombing, rioting, robbing, and killing, I think the U.S. could be where Scandanavia is today.

There all sorts of professors, some who paid a debt to society, some who did not. Ayers has not paid his debt, but then again, neither has Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld, Cheney, nor O.J.

Faded said...

Well, I am woefully un-educated on Ayers, so I will bow to your greater knowledge on the subject.

Bob Harrison said...

Like a lot of stuff in this campaign, Ayers is a tempest in a teapot to me. I'm more interested in what will be that what was, but there's not that much difference between O and C, so I'm stuck with make differentials on things I'd rather not even consider.