Monday, June 08, 2009

More Hillary Apology Junk

Obama Supporter Sorry for “Underestimating” Hillary - Never mind the Sexism : NO QUARTER: "...This article is the same half apology one sees frequently about any topic. You know, “I’m sorry I called you a bitch, but you made me do it. I know I shouldn’t have done that, but. . . ” Not really an apology at all, the writer both congratulates herself for supporting Obama against a “hardball” female candidate and for recognizing those very traits she deplored in Hillary are now proving quite useful.

I expect we’ll see more of this. As Clinton continues her SoS work, it is likely that many pundits who excoriated her earlier will now say something along the lines of “I was right to hate on her earlier, but look how she’s grown into SoS! Way to go girl!!” Or how about “you know, I always knew Hillary wasn’t ready for the presidency, [too tough, too female, too something] but isn’t the lady crackerjack in a lesser job!...”"

To the Obots, if you work for the Oborg, then you must be wonderful, so that the fact that SoS Clinton was highly competent before joining the Collective means nothing. But, sorry Obots, no amount of half-sincere apologies are going to get you off the hook for the awful sexism of you and your candidate.

No comments: