Friday, June 19, 2009

Overboard Anti-Pirates

Has the RIAA's Fight Against File Sharing Gone Too Far? - PC World

Has it gone too far? In a word, "yes." I've never pirated anything but the companies themselves tempt me through anticonusmer policies and behaviors. I have nearly $300 worth of computer games that purported to work fine on my computer but either won't install or won't run. (And I am not a computer idiot; I've worked with them since 1968.) So I am very tempted to pirate games to find if they will work before I but. I am also highly annoyed all the restrictions placed on music that I have bought-- sometimes multiple times. So yes, this example crap, otherwise known as "sending people messages," has not worked in the past and will not work in the future. If it did, we have no crime and no drug problems because we have been getting tough on all that for decades and it has not worked.

No comments: