Saturday, October 09, 2010

New Low For Beck

Bob Cesca: Glenn Beck Mocks Fire Victims, Reaches New Depths of Awfulness:

"...That's right. A matter of days after losing everything they owned, including their home, their pets, family photographs -- everything -- and all because of a delinquent $75 fee, Gene Cranick and his family were excoriated, scolded and teased by multimillionaire celebrity televangelist Glenn Beck in front of a radio audience estimated at upwards of 10 million listeners.

Gray is real pip, too, isn't he? I'm trying to figure out why it's especially hilarious to do an impersonation of Cranick. Although it's easy to understand why Gray thought it would be funny to go there -- mainly because Gray is the deep-voiced equivalent of the late Bruno Kirby's comedy-impaired 'Lt. Hauk' character from Good Morning, Vietnam. Talking in a silly voice is so funny. Doesn't matter who or why. It's a silly voice, after all. That crazy rube and his burned down house. Mock-worthy! Crowd pleaser. If I may, a brief comedy lesson for Pat Gray here. Generally, when actual funny people mock someone's accent or voice, it's because the mockee has done something awful or bizarre enough to deserve the mockery. Someone in a position of authority, perhaps. Who's next in your madcap repertoire of voices, Pat? Stroke victims? Cancer patients? Abused homeless children? Whoever it is, I bet it'll be comedy gold. One for the 'Best of Pat Gray' showreel..."

3 comments:

Alessandro Machi said...

If I may make a suggestion, find the offending audio clip and make a transcript of it and turn it into an article.

Then it lives on and eventually will have a return effect on Mr. Beck.

Alessandro Machi said...

I didn't see how to email you so this isn't really a post. I thought dailypuma was listed on your blog.

Bob Harrison said...

Beck's show was a long rambling affair that I would have great difficulty transcribing since my hearing is so poor. I'll poke around and see if I can find a transcript then link it or post it.

My email is magnabob at hotmail dot com.

I need to redo my link list-- if I can remember to do it when I have time!