Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crazy In NC: Moral Monday in Mayberry

Moral Monday in Mayberry: A Tall Tale Toward the Truth:
...“Honey, tell me,” she says, “is this like that Moral Majority from back in the 80’s?”

“No mam,” I says. “It’s more like the March on Washington, back in the 60’s.”

“Well, good,” Granny says. “I always thought that Fallwell fellow was full of himself. But, tell me. What’s Timmy trying to do down there?”

“I reckon he’s trying to get word back to Mayberry that there’s a bunch of fellers down here in Raleigh who are full of themselves, too. Maybe they thought they was doing right when they got into this business. But the power’s done gone to their heads, Granny...”

2 comments:

billy pilgrim said...

as a rational anarchist i can't get too excited about all these well meaning groups.

i rather see monday night raw get back to it's roots than worry about morals on a monday evening.

Bob Harrison said...

they excite me because at long last they're growing a spine. tho i'd love to see old style rasslin' return, too.