Friday, June 28, 2013

Liberal Opportunists

Daily Politics Blog - Charles P. Pierce - Political Blogging - Esquire:
"...Meanwhile, my pal Glenn Smith, who's been fighting the madness down there for longer than many of y'all have been alive, is pretty damned fed up with the national Democrats who don't notice Texas until somebody like Wendy Davis raises hell. Glenn writes:

So, we've been working our asses off down here and Wendy and the Democrats had a good couple of days. Then today, on my email, I'm getting flooded with DLCC and DSCC and DWhateverthefk emails raising money off of Sen. Davis. National Democrats treat Texas as an extraction economy and I am fucking sick of it. Not one person who had anything to do with these national solicitations has a clue who Wendy Davis is. So, you national Democratic fks, stick it. You can use celebrity politics to sucker Texas donors and you can sucker national donors into exploiting our celebrities. While you are at it, real people you claim to care about are getting sick and dying under GOP policies here. Children are not being educated. Women are made second-class citizens. So, Democrats, if you'll spend money in Egypt or Syria or wherever the fk where, why not Texas? I am truly sick of your celebrity obsession and your willingness to let third-world Texas fund your campaigns while people here suffer and die...
And from all the Democrats and liberals in the South, may I add a hearty "AMEN!" I love it when someone else flogs one of my dead horses.

No comments: