Wednesday, December 09, 2015

If Only...

A Southern Pastor: I Am Done:

As of this moment, I am done. No more news stories. No more shaking my head. No more arguing. No more worrying and being scared of what all of this means about the direction in which this country is headed. I am done.

The Donald Trump bankruptcy of intelligence and kindness is no longer funny or entertaining. It passed ridiculous and upsetting long ago. Now it is unconstitutional and scary. It is hatred and violence unlike any we have seen since the concentration camps and lynchings which occurred in industrial nations in the mid-twentieth century. It has gone too far.

It is time to take back our American values and beliefs. The only way to do that is to stop giving these violent, fascist, non-American public figures a voice. As of today, I am done.

I call upon the media to stop covering what Donald Trump and anyone else who spews hatred and violence says. No more air time, no more stories, no more videos, no more voice...

No comments: