Friday, April 14, 2006

Another General Comment

Crooks and Liars:

"COURIC: So why go public with your criticism now?

GEN. BATISTE: Katie, this is something that's been building in me for the last five years. And as you said, I retired on the first of November and transitioned into civilian; thought a lot about it, and I feel strongly. I have nothing to gain in doing this. There is no political agenda at all. For 31 years I was a loyal subordinate and did not tolerate dissension in the ranks. My sole motivation, pure and simple, are the servicemen and women and their incredible families.

COURIC: Do you find it just coincidental that they're echoing your sentiments?

GEN. BATISTE: I think it is absolutely coincidental. It's happening for a reason. It's happening on the throes of the 'Cobra 2' book publication. I think there's a lot of people now starting to ask questions, and I think that's healthy in a democracy."

No comments: