Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Daily Snippet Fest

Since I can't access Blogger from any computer on my home network (again, if anyone has a clue, please let me know). I've resorted to posting by email, a tedious and aggravating process, which means I must get it right the first time since I can't edit anything I post! Thus, a single post rather than the preferred multiple posts. When I can get to another computer, I'll clean-up any mistakes I catch from the following, or anything else I find.
 
Coulter, a lawyer, apparently needs a bit of brushing up on her legal history. Like, say, the history of March 16, 1988 — the day Oliver North was indicted for conspiracy to defraud the Government, theft of Government property, wire fraud, obstruction of congressional investigations and false statements to a congressional committee and the attorney general, shredding and altering official documents, acceptance of an illegal gratuity, conversion of traveler's checks and tax-fraud conspiracy. North wasn’t just indicted; he was convicted of three felonies, though that conviction was later overturned on a technicality.
 
Hi. I'm sitting in an internet room at an MWR facility in Iraq. I just read an article about Ann Coulter showing up to your school.

I'm sure you feel real good about yourself, helping beat up (or at least having your followers beat up) dissenters at the whims of an anorexic blond. I'm sure you don't feel the least bit pussy-whipped for having her question your manhood when you first refused.

That is why I'm glad that pussies like you aren't in my Army. While you're too busy parading for a war that you don't have the balls to sign up for, my Democratic ass is over here dealing with insurgents on a regular basis.
from the Hardly Seems Worth It Department via Think Progress:  
National Journal reports that after meeting with ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson today, House Speaker Hastert “said Congress should concentrate on opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling rather than” the proposed $100 rebate to lower gas prices. If drilling is allowed, the Department of Energy has said that “even twenty years down the road, when Arctic Refuge oil is at or near peak production, gas prices would be affected by about a penny per gallon.”

MSNBC reports:

DUBUQUE, Iowa - A grandmother in eastern Iowa is getting one last call to duty.

Janet Grass, 52, had planned to retire from the military in about 10 months after spending 19 years in the U.S. Navy Reserve. Instead, she has been ordered to leave her job as a special-education teacher in Cascade to do security work in the Middle East.

"They're changing my career just as I'm retiring," she said. "I guess they wanted to try one more thing for me."

jurassicpork notes:

For lower-income working Americans, lack of health insurance is quickly becoming the new normal. That's the implication of survey results just released by the Commonwealth Fund, a nonpartisan organization that studies health care. The survey found that 41 percent of nonelderly American adults with incomes between $20,000 and $40,000 a year were without health insurance for all or part of 2005. That's up from 28 percent as recently as 2001.

 

No comments: