Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rummy Sez "No!"

The Huffington Post: "Rummy's Disease: The Delusions Are Highly Contagious

There was a time when Don Rumsfeld's surrealistic take on things was quaint and quirky -- chewy nuggets that could be appreciated, if not enjoyed, as the mental musings of a sui generis mind. But those days are long gone, buried beneath a cascade of body bags and on-going horrors. When asked during his surprise trip to Iraq when he thought the Iraqis would be ready to meet the security needs that would allow for the reduction of U.S. forces, Rumsfeld said, 'I don't talk deadlines' -- a snappy rejoinder we can add to the list of other Rummy don'ts: 'I don't do numbers.' 'I don't do predictions.' 'I don't do diplomacy.' 'I don't do quagmires.' Too bad for the rest of us that Rummy also doesn't do resignations. . ."

No comments: