Friday, July 07, 2006

Sullivan Stands Here

Andrew Sullivan says: "I'm for balanced budgets, low taxes, cuts in entitlements, welfare reform, more military manpower, privately run healthcare, free speech, religious liberty, a stronger commitment to Iraq, and gun rights. I'm against affirmative action, federally-funded abortion and embryonic stem-cell research, protectionism, hate crime laws, the Medicare prescription drug program, pork barrel spending, torture, an untrammeled executive, and censoring anyone anywhere to appease Islamist extremists. And, according to Ponnuru, no "serious" conservative regards me as a conservative any more. What does that tell you?"

Tells me I'm fairly close to your positions, but there's nothing in there we couldn't negotiate about. So am I a-a- liberal?

1 comment:

Bob Harrison said...

I'm against the Irqi misadventure; for Afghan intervention; for stem-cell of any and all kinds; I'll be in favor of entitlement cuts after the rich start paying their fair share again (whazzit fair share-- a whole 'nother subject), and depends on whatcha mean by welfare reform; I'm also against illegal immigration from anywhere, including Mars.

I'm for getting the government out of our bedrooms, bank accounts, and bloodstreams. To me, gun control means six in the ten ring.

Ok, can I still be a liberal?