Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Another "Screw You" From The Banks

AP Investigation: Banks sought foreign workers - Yahoo! News: "SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Major U.S. banks sought government permission to bring thousands of foreign workers into the country for high-paying jobs even as the system was melting down last year and Americans were getting laid off, according to an Associated Press review of visa applications..."

So Americans aren't cheap enough to be hired with our own tax dollars? I wonder if the auto industry is planning to import a few thousand assemblers, with our tax money, from, say, China, to replace their costly employees.

2 comments:

JK said...

OMG! This is why I don't follow the news. It makes me too angry.

Hope you don't mind me dropping in. I was looking for some cool blogs to follow and stopped in at yours. I am new at this blogging thing.

I saw that you liked horses, then saw that you are a teacher. I am a new Chiropractor and am in my second sememster teaching Anatomy at a local 4 year college.

Would like to follow your blog for a while if you don't mind...

Bob Harrison said...

Welcome. I'm a long time chiropractic patient; I like you guys and the physical therapists quite bit. My students all dread their A&P course-- that is some hard stuff! (Mucho memorization being the big banger I think.)

Katrina started me blogging and I've been beating my head against the cyberspace wall ever since. I don't have many readers but the ones that do come by are certainly welcome to speak their minds. If you learn blog lingo I'd probably be considered a moderate, feminist, Puma, tho nobody is letting me in any clubs!