Thursday, February 19, 2009

Responsibily And The Bailout

Yes, institutions must be responsible for their gawd-awful behavior but so must the individuals involved. If you are one of the "Flip This House" speculators and got burned-- hey, not my fault. If you were delusional enough to think you could afford a $500k home on a fast-food salary, that's not my fault either. So when you ask for my tax money, even though I do feel your pain, play nice. Now, in the arena of social responsibility, contemplate:

Housing and Responsibility : NO QUARTER: "...I would call on President Obama to be more specific by what it means to be responsible:

1. not fathering children out of wedlock…70% of African American newborns are borne to a single parent, 50% of Hispanics, 30+% of Caucasians. The two-parent family is the strongest and most effective social program ever designed!!

2. will abortion on demand promoted via the Freedom of Choice Act lead to greater responsibility? It is beyond naive to think that FOCA will lead to anything more than increased promiscuity and further destruction of the two parent family. How can Obama truly believe this Act will promote any degree of increased responsibility? This Act is pure politics placating the far left wing of the Democratic Party.

3. keeping your kids in school. Let me remind him again that 50% of inner city students are high school dropouts.

Homeownership is a privilege, not a right. Neither privileges nor rights come without responsibilities!! Responsibilities are not words or platitudes, they are actions and disciplines practiced everyday!! I am more than willing to help, but I have no interest in throwing good money after bad.

LD"

A reminder... most bloggers, me included, post stuff that they do not necessarily agree with (oh, the tangled web we weave when first our prepositions precede). Typically, I post items I think are interesting and/or moderately provocative. I will not be yelling "Fire" in this theater just to generate comments or traffic. So before some of you send me those life-threatening emails, contemplate the points raised above and rather than reacting viscerally, ask yourself if the points are valid or are they simply incendiary? Then, I guess you can shoot at the messanger. (Btw, I am absolutely pro-choice and pro-death penalty, so...)

No comments: