Monday, February 16, 2009

Teachers And The Economy

The Pygmalion Effect : NO QUARTER: "...In short, Mr. Schiller was stating what I learned lo those many, many years ago. Except he was now applying it to the President’s negative words and fear mongering about the economy.

This is what he had to say:

“President Barack Obama has turned fear mongering into an art form. He has repeatedly raised the specter of another Great Depression. First, he did so to win votes in the November election. He has done so again recently to sway congressional votes for his stimulus package.

“In his remarks, every gloomy statistic on the economy becomes a harbinger of doom. As he tells it, today’s economy is the worst since the Great Depression. Without his Recovery and Reinvestment Act, he says, the economy will fall back into that abyss and may never recover.


“This fear mongering may be good politics, but it is bad history and bad economics.”

How true. How true. How true."

That, perhaps, explains Obama's many successes as a community organizer and, and, uh, uh, has he actually had another job?

People will live down to your expectations, especially students.

3 comments:

JK said...

hehe! uh, uh, Yes, he says "uh" ALOT!

Do you know anything about farmers/ranchers being taxed $75 an animal? Almost like a property tax?

If so, we are screwed...After selling cattle, we are lucky to make a $150/head profit. Minus a $75 dollar tax...What is the point?

Can you imagine what a feedlot would have to pay in taxes? Think of what that would do to buying beef in the supermarket. Arn't we supposed to be trying to stimulate the economy?

I'll just start shooting rabbits... until they take my guns...

Bob Harrison said...

Say What? You're kidding me??? Surely??? I have some horses and it certainly wouldn't bankrupt me but gosh that is a major hit on anybody, like feedlots, doing commercial work. Is this a federal thing or is it local to Oklahoma?

JK said...

Not sure. The Hubby mentioned it and I hadn't heard of it. I will have to try to look into it more. Think they would charge me $75 dollars a chicken too?! I don't think I can charge that much for eggs!!! :)
Let me know if you run across something about this and I will do the same.