Monday, August 27, 2007

No Obama Smooches

Frank Dwyer: Obama's Turn; or, This Campaign May Be Just Long Enough to Eliminate Everybody - Politics on The Huffington Post: "I was appalled to see Barack Obama's nice guy list of good Republicans, the ones he looks forward to working with, the ones whose counsel and advice he will seek. Why did he do this? I've been impressed with him and grown to like him, but I'm much more likely to support a Democratic candidate who gives us a list of which Republicans should be going to jail. Sorry, but I'm just not interested in the old business-as-usual, go-along-to-get-along, you-scratch-my-earmark-I'll-scratch-yours bipartisanship. And isn't there some unfinished business we should take care of, one or two little things, a subpoena or two, Iraq, before we kiss and make up? Besides, I don't think you can lie down with Karl Rove and the Swift Boat vermin without becoming Karl Rove and the Swift Boat vermin, and that, for me, is what the Republican Party has become. Are these three men cited by Obama the lonely three Republican men of principle, the ones who managed to keep their honor all through the dark times? Lugar, Warner, and Coburn? Come on. Aristotle said that character is habitual action: look at what these "good" Republicans have done, and tried to do, all their lives. Look at how they have voted! You want me to tell you, Barack, that any friend of yours is a friend of mine? Sorry. Any friend of theirs is no friend of mine, I'm afraid... "

I'm with you. No making-up. No make-nice. Criminals belong in prison. Incompetents do not belong in think-tanks or on national television. Getting them out of office is not enough. Justice must somehow be meted out to one and all for the harm that have done this once great nation.

No comments: