Monday, October 20, 2014

A Real American Hero

Captain America - Esquire:

...And then, when confronted by Robinson with this covert campaign of decency and integrity, this is how Moulton explained it.

In the interview, Moulton asked that the Globe not describe him as a hero. "Look,'' he said, "we served our country, and we served the guys next to us. And it's not something to brag about.' The greatest honor, he said, his voice choked with emotion, had nothing to do with the medals. "The greatest honor of my life was to lead these men in my platoon, even though it was a war that I and they disagreed with."
Nobody who reads this blog can be unclear about where I stand on how I hope the midterms play out. But I can honestly say that there's only one person for whom I am shamelessly rooting. That person is Seth Moulton and, if the veterans of our 21st century wars are looking for their own JFK, be that John F. Kennedy or John Forbes Kerry, I think they've found him...

No comments: