Monday, November 07, 2016

Crazy In NC: Flogging Comey Edition, Part 1

A tip of the Mad Hat to Anon for putting me onto this story:

Comey’s threat to democracy is unprecedented:

As a retired FBI Agent, I write to express my view of your recent actions regarding the so-called email scandal involving Hillary Clinton.

First, I served the FBI honorably for 32 years, two of which were in FBI headquarters as National Coordinator of Organized Crime related Public Corruption investigations. I testified before Congress and made innumerable decisions that affected investigations in many U.S. cities and states. These were high-profile corruption cases involving officeholders of both parties. As election cycles occur annually, I was acutely aware of the FBI’s solemn responsibility to conduct fair and responsible investigations that did not cross a line that could be perceived as interference in our American voting system. In fact, the Department of Justice (DOJ) policy of non-interference was viewed as sacrosanct...
Truth in writing-- I may be related to the FBI agent in question. Don't know for sure.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

WNC - so much more than stereotypical rednecks. Very glad you thought the article worth passing on.