Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Weld On Clinton

Libertarian VP Candidate Praises Clinton: 'She Deserves To Have People Vouch For Her' | Crooks and Liars:

...Then he went further, toward what sounded like an endorsement.

"I have a lot to say about Mrs. Clinton that has not been said by others recently, and i think needs to be said," he said. "I have known her for 40 years. I know her well professionally, personally, I know her to be a person of high moral character, a reliable person. and an honest person, however so much Mr. Trump may rant and rave to the contrary. People can make their own choices."

Later in the interview, Rachel pressed him on the contradiction between his statements and the campaign's which essentially contradicted everything he just said.

Weld answered, "I'm doing it based on my personal experience with her. I think she deserves to have people vouch for her, other than members of the Democratic National Committee, so i'm here to do that."

I don't like Libertarian principles. I'm distrustful of Republicans as a general rule. But my sense of him is that he was absolutely genuine and sincere. Good for him for doing what's right.

No comments: