Monday, April 10, 2006

Murder on the Border

from Crooks and Liars:

Did a Right Wing talk show host advocate murder over illegal immigration?

TP: "Right-wing radio host Brian James of KFYI in Arizona recently advocated murder as a way of dealing with undocumented immigrants. An excerpt."

James: "What we'll do is randomly pick one night-every week - where we will kill whoever crosses the border. Step over there and you die. You get to decide whether it's your lucky night or not. I think that would be more fun…[I'd be] happy to sit there with my high-powered rifle and my night scope."

He claims it's satire, but the debate cannot be allowed to be framed in this manner. Unfortunately-this is where the country is headed and some right wing radio talk show hosts and bloggers will lnead the charge. I wonder if Hugh Hewitt considers this "responsible radio?"

No comments: