Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Blogger on Murtha

Yep, another * blog: Those who do not heed the lessons of history: "I don't know why this hadn't occurred to me earlier but it's just struck me that the most vocal congressional opponents of the Iraq war and the torture of detainees are exactly the same ones who'd fought in Vietnam.

I think this is more than just a casual coincidence and that there's more to this than meets the eye. I do not think that Senators Kerry, McCain and Hagel and Congressman Murtha are so outspoken simply because they all served in Vietnam: I believe that their outspokenness stems from the fact that they'd fought in that other wrong-headed war to which Iraq is being compared. And even if I'm wrong about this, it's still a glaring common denominator well worth considering."

pork has much more to say. Check it out.

No comments: