Friday, March 31, 2006

Absent the Care and Concern

Previous to this snippet is a goodly post on the merits of Feingold and Leahy, so the following snippet is aimed at those Senators who, well, just read on...

Firedoglake - Firedoglake weblog » Thoughts on the Censure Hearing:

"I’m just feeling a bit digusted at the lack of participation by Senators on both sides of the aisle on this, who have decided to put short-term political considerations above concerns for the long-term welfare of our Constitutional Republic. And I can’t help but sit here and hum that 'We the People…' song about the Preamble to the Constitution from those old Schoolhouse Rock cartoons I used to watch as a kid. And wonder how anyone in a position such as this, who has taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, can then sit back and not do so in this very situation.

As I said, I’m waiting to hear the excuses. But at the moment, I’m all about the simmering disgust."

1 comment:

Bob Harrison said...

I've been beset by the now common weekend Blogger Blues... can't connect...waiting for Blogger... eeeccchhh!