Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bush Speaks

You will listen.

Think Progress » Bush Dismisses Generals’ Concerns: ‘I Hear People Say, Well, Civil War This, Civil War That’:

"BUSH: My attitude is that a young democracy has been born quite quickly. And I think the Iraqi government has shown remarkable progress on the political front. And that is is that they developed a modern constitution that was ratified by the people and then 12 million people voted for a government.

Which gives me confidence about the future in Iraq, by the way. You know, I hear people say, Well, civil war this, civil war that. The Iraqi people decided against civil war when they went to the ballot box. And a unity government is working to respond to the will of the people. And, frankly, it’s quite a remarkable achievement on the political front."

Uh-huh.

No comments: