Sunday, March 09, 2008

On Whining

Quoted from http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/blogs/wolcott/2008/03/look-i-understa.html:

 

James Wolcott's Blog: The Sorrow and the Pity Party: Wolcott's Blog: vanityfair.com

Look, I understand the knocks against Hillary Clinton, truly I do. There are no flaming arrows fired her way that I haven't seen traverse the air before, no bill of indictment drawn up containing charges with which I'm unfamiliar. Reciting her sins and liabilities has become a familiar refrain, but if it's the Gregorian chant you live by, if you find Hillary Clinton such an insupportable choice for the Democratic nomination that you prefer to suckle your pride and idealism rather than soil your conscience should she be at the top of the ticket, fine, have fun with that. But, please, I beg of thee, could you at least spare the rest of us your longwinded, preeny, pious dirges?...

 

No comments: