Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Bush Lovers Rejoice!


Miss Me Yet Billboard Featuring George W. Bush in Minnesota - AOL News: "It's only been a year since a helicopter flew him out of the capital right after the inauguration of President Barack Obama. But some Americans will be pleased to know that George W. Bush is out there, watching over them after all. From a billboard, high above Interstate Highway 35 near Wyoming, Minn., to be exact. And he wants to know if you miss him..."

"Miss me Yet?" No, not "No," but "Hell, No." So far, for all his incompetence, Obama has not managed to let a major American city drown, nor has he started an unnecessary war, emptying our Treasury and killing thousands, nor has he bankrupted the Republic (yet), nor has he trampled all over our Constitution and our civil liberties. Begone Bush! And Bush-lites. We needed greatness in the White House and we got mediocrity but at least we didn't get raging hate and stupidity to go with it.

4 comments:

billy pilgrim said...

i miss george. the daily show hasn't been the same since the big O took over. (my apologies to mr orbison)

Bob Harrison said...

You are right about the comedy disaster, that's for sure. The stand-up and Jon Stewart just don't have the same zing, and I don't think it's a liberal/conservative Democrat/Republican thing. I will have to reconsider my mapping of O's, however. I had always thought of Oprah as the Big O. But Roy Orbison-- he'll be around for the next thousand years so I think you're right again-- he is the Big O. So that would make Obama the Littlest O, a title suiting his majesty.

Anonymous said...

I think this is hilarious. Far more telling in it's simplicity then a full Ad in the NY Times would be. It kinda hits on the "how's that hopey, changey thing goin' for ya'?" Not only that but the flooding reports of Obama remorse. LOL.....hilarious!

Bob Harrison said...

I quite agree that it is really funny. I got a good laugh out of it, too. My comments on really missing Skippy, however, remain unrepentant.