Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tragedy Hits Close To Home

CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Robbinsville man held in slaying of wife, in-laws: "ROBBINSVILLE – A Robbinsville man is being held today on murder charges after authorities say he shot and killed his wife, mother-in-law and brother-in-law.

Graham County Sheriff Bob DeBruhl said the three family members were killed between 5:30 and 6 p.m. Monday at the home Rex Laverne Sellers and Wendy Anderson Sellers shared at 95 Griffin Drive, about a quarter of a mile from downtown Robbinsville.

Rex Sellers, 45, was arrested at the house without resisting, DeBruhl said.

He was charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of his wife, 31, her mother Nancy Williams Orr, 53, and her brother John Drew Anderson, 28..."

Drew Anderson was a student at my school. His dad, Edward Anderson, works on the same hall as I do. He has lost a son and his daughter in this horror. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. As a parent, I can think of few events that would be worse than this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was best friends with Wendy and have known Drew since he was a baby. This is an increadible tragedy. I went back to Robbinsville for the funeral and the town is devistated. I'm trying to deal with the anger and with the sadness as they come.

Bob Harrison said...

I can't even imagine how terrible the family must feel and from what I know of Robbinsville and the people, I'm not surprised that the entire town is devastated. The school is still talking of little else, and, of course, everyone is very concerned about the family and our friend Edward.