Monday, September 22, 2008

Comment of the Day, Fear Edition

The Politics of Fear? « The Confluence: "xax, on September 21st, 2008 at 7:16 pm Said:

My best buddy just said the same thing to me today. I told them I don’t understand this irrational fear that people poeple have of these candidates.

They quoted every thing you talked about. They somehow believe that she has some invisible power to control things because they have seen the Bush administration’s effort to control. And my firm belief is that government only has as much power as you give them. Even though Bush tried some things like making DOMA an amendment, he didn’t succeed. the people would not allow it.

And honestly, I don’t think Palin is likely to abuse her power. She’s had opportunity to do so in the past, but she didn’t. (Please don’t try that Troopergate thing. I already know what went down.) She could have banned benefits for same sex partners in AL, but she didn’t. She vetoed it despite her own opposition to benefits. That takes principle.

Obama on the other hand… I feel as though if he wins he will be beholden to MANY PEOPLE. And that I don’t trust."

No comments: