Thursday, September 04, 2008

Happy Jack Not Bad

Abramoff: 'I Am Not A Bad Man' - Washington Post Investigations

"Jack Abramoff, the now-disgraced lobbyist behind a corruption scandal that ensnared several prominent lawmakers and Washington power brokers a few years ago, pleaded with a federal judge to reduce his sentence in a letter sent yesterday, apologizing for his "blundering" but saying he is not a "bad man."

"I am not a bad man (although to read all the news articles one would think I was Osama Bin Laden), but I did many bad things," he wrote. "I lied to clients, even while working to get them the results they expected. I cheated my law firm and took advantage of public officials. And, while I gave millions of dollars to charities, I thought I could then skirt the rules in paying the right amount of money to the government in taxes..."

Sorry, dude, but all that does make you a bad man. A repentant man may one day become a good man so keep working on it.

No comments: