Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Clinton Can: The Revoluntionary Candidate

You Say You Want a Revolution? I Do Too. It's Why I Support Hillary Clinton�|�Lorraine Devon Wilke:

...As for the boorish "I don't vote with my vagina" meme (per Sanders supporter, Susan Sarandon.), let me say this to that: I don't either. My vagina is too busy doing other more vagina-oriented things to influence my vote. And, believe me, if the female choices for president were limited to Carly Fiorina, Michele Bachmann, or Sarah Palin, my vagina would go running right for the best male option on the Democratic roster. In fact, if I thought Bernie Sanders really was the best candidate, I'd put aside the "old, white, male" issue and vote for the guy (and will in the general if he gets the nomination).

But I don't think that. Given her platforms, her history, her experience, and what I believe this country needs at this moment in time, I'm with her. That isn't blind feminism. It's about acknowledging the historical juncture at which we find ourselves, one in which we actually have a valuable, viable, and very worthy female candidate who offers us the opportunity to change and advance our culture in profound and revolutionary ways.

Yes, revolutionary...

No comments: