...An incessant propaganda campaign has convinced ignorant young voters that the 1994 crime bill should be used against Hillary, never against Bernie -- even though Bernie voted for the thing.
Propagandists like Taibbi and Goldberg also don't tell you the following:
1. The bill was extremely popular at the time.
2. It was popular among black leaders, because black communities were being hit hard by a very real crime wave.
3. The Congressional Black Caucus insured the passage of the bill.
4. Legislation is passed by Congress, not by the President.
5. The subsequent increase in African American incarceration had almost nothing to do with that bill -- and everything to do with a wave of tough-on-crime laws passed at the state level. The vast, vast majority of people who have gone to prison have never committed a federal crime.
None of these points are getting through to the public. The propaganda is incessant. The fix is in...
Friday, April 08, 2016
Cannonfire BS "from the Bernie-bots":