Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Humping GOPer Drama

What's The Deal With Those Wild Prostitution Claims Against A GOP Rep.?:

With less than two months to go until Election Day, newly surfaced allegations that a Republican congressman from Louisiana slept with prostitutes who were later murdered in a series of unsolved killings are making a splash in a crowded U.S. Senate race.

The outlandish charges against Rep. Charles Boustany (R-LA) received national press attention this week, after Boustany's campaign released a denial from his wife that prompted his opponents in the Senate race to play up those allegations in their own statements that denied having had any hand in the prostitution story...

5 comments:

anonymous said...

meanwhile in NC news:

a man stabs his six year old daughter in the heart, murdering her, presumably to get back at her mother (if the genders were reversed, there'd be no "presumably" in the coverage at all):

https://www.scribd.com/document/323872550/Pickering-Federal-Complaint

Bob Harrison said...

Yeah a very sad thing. I feel for the Ranger who tried to save the little girl. I'd didn't blog it because I could see no political context, other than perhaps, as you pointed out, some genderist issues.

anonymous said...

It appears the rangers (I think there were two) did not know that the man was in any way wanted. Local people try to camp illegally along that stretch all the time, so they had no reason to think it was more serious than that. I also thought how awful it must have been for them to not be able to act in time. This is one time I feel the death penalty is called for, but the media reporting seemed to me to be trying to soften what he did.

It was just so horrifying that I felt I had to post it somewhere. Please feel free to delete the comment. You're right, of course, it really doesn't belong here.

Bob Harrison said...

No. The comment stays. It is such a horrible feeling you have to vent some where and here is as good a place as any. I think I know where you're coming from. I got into blogging because I was so horrified by our government's response to Katrina that I felt I had to try and do something to help. I don't know if I've actually done any good but I feel better for having tried.

anonymous said...

Thank you. Blogs like yours do make a difference. They counteract the insane media favoritism for right-wing politicians, by giving people the information they need, and they let normal, sane people in communities that mostly favor those right wing politicians know they're not alone.